Sometimes it’s hard to know how to style fashion-forward trends (or even spice up boring styles like a white t-shirt), but with a little inspiration, you’ll be rocking your thigh-high socks in no time! I definitely wrote a very similar post years ago on my previous blog, but I’m here to give the over-the-knee trend some new life!
1. With a big, slouchy cardigan
2. Wear them like you would a pair of regular socks!
After all, they are just socks! A sweater, shorts, and booties seems like a normal everyday outfit. But, when you throw in some ultra-high socks, everything becomes just a little bit more interesting. Here’s a pair of socks and some adorable booties to match.
3. With your pajamas, obviously
4. With warm-weather clothing in between seasons
5. With a classic t-shirt dress
Over-the-knee socks were designed to be paired with t-shirt dresses. The ultra-tall and ultra-short combo work well together to offset too much bare skin. Here’s a simple t-shirt dress and a fun brimmed hat to amp up your look.
6. Get a lacy pair to spice up the trend even more
If you want to avoid the overdone plain black over-the-knee sock, why not opt for a lacy patterned one? It’s very much bringing lingerie outside of the bedroom, but when toned down with denim shorts and a plain t-shirt, it’s a fun and exciting look.
7. With your regular summer clothes
Who says socks are only used to keep you warm? They can definitely be used simply to make a basic look more interesting. I love the combination of thigh-high socks with a graphic tee and high-waisted shorts.
8. Underneath your knee high boots
A more subtle way to test out the thigh-high trend is to layer them beneath your knee-high boots. You’re more than familiar with rocking the tall boot trend, so why not stretch even further with some ruffled socks? A swing dress also looks pretty and feminine with this look.
9. With plain ol’ denim
I touched on it earlier, but really–pairing your tall socks with simple denim is the easiest way to rock this look. If you’re trying to ease into the trend, this is a winning combination you really can’t go wrong with. Here is a cute pair of denim shorts to get you feeling inspired.
10. To add some edge to a super feminine outfit
Sometimes you can feel overly girly when you get dressed up. While thigh high socks still look pretty and polished, they add a touch of grunge to your look. I love the cropped sweater and skirt combination in nude pair with the black boots and socks.
11. Over a pair of cute–but not totally warm–tights
Layering your socks over tights is a great way to add interest to your look while also adding warmth! During the colder months, pretty tights are typically banned in favor of boring, warm ones. But now you can have the best of both worlds!
12. As your casual, everyday wear
A casual day at school or work can utilize over-the-knee socks as well! Not matching your socks to your shoe color creates a more simpler, everyday look. The marled cardigan and mini dress create a cute–yet also cozy–outfit perfect for fall and spring.
13. To keep you warm in your ultra-sexy girl’s night attire
The opposite effect of spicing up a boring look–the knee-highs here are meant to tone down a sexier look! If you’re going out with your friends and it’s freezing outside, you don’t want to be forced to choose between style and comfort! Find a sexy dress and some super-warm socks to create this look.
14. For the office (depending where you work!)
15. Flannel + Over-The-Knee Socks = A Winning Combo
16. With a beanie
17. For the warmest look ever, wear them with your wellies
18. With your open-toed heels and a sweater dress
19. Like a school girl
20. Go sporty with sneakers
21. Pair with a (mostly) monochromatic look
22. Channel your inner 70’s with a striped sweater and Mary Janes
23. With your boots, coat, and, well…not much else