Okay, I’m a bit late to the game with this summer capsule wardrobe, but I still wanted to squeeze it in. The heat will be around for a while still here in the Southwest, but I know some cities will be transitioning to Fall sooner than we think.
For those of you who are already preparing for cooler months, know that this wardrobe will transition beautifully as the weather gets chillier.
- Going-out Crop Top: Going out is essential for summer fun! Pick up a sexy crop-top that you can pair with a skirt or jeans for a night out on the town. Here’s a high-neck crop top, a beautiful floral mesh one, a lacy option, a high-neck cutout choice, and also a bustier-type top. Here’s a sexy keyhole crop top from Topshop.
- Casual Crop: When summer heat is in full swing, you’ll want a casual crop top to allow for maximum breathability. I like this choice from Topshop. This cropped t-shirt is perfect for summer weather. If you want a cami crop top, I love this knot-front option. Here’s another twisted front crop top, this one with a high neck.
- Military Button-Down: This may seem a bit heavy for summer, but you can find more wearable materials for hot weather. This option from Topshop is loose and light.
- Off-The-Shoulder: I did a whole post about off-the-shoulder tops! This striped one is fun and summery.
- Ringer Tee: Funky, retro, and can be worn with just about any look. This one from Topshop has colorblocked sleeves. This one from Urban Outfitters comes in a wide variety of colors.
- Plaid Button-Down: Flannels can be found just about anywhere. It’s a versatile piece that can be worn every season, year after year. Check this one out from Urban Outfitters.
- Casual Tank: Some days are made for dressing down. Check out this striped cami for a lazy day look. Try this high-neck option to look both stylish and comfy.
- Patterned Tank: Spice up your basics! A pretty floral tank will do the trick.
- Casual Tee: I love the lace insert of this striped tee. And here’s a flowy, split-back version for those of you looking for even more comfort. However, you don’t have to go for stripes! This one is soft washed and looks cozy enough for everyday wear–while still be stylish! I am in love with this peplum top from Urban Outfitters.
- Plain White T-Shirt: I did a whole post on my love for white t-shirts! Here’s a sheer option from Topshop. Here’s a more classic look.
- Formal Tank: At some point, you’ll need to dress for work, for a job interview, for a nice dinner with the in-laws…you never know! Pick up a pretty cami like this one from Topshop. This one is asymmetrical, which adds an element of fun. This beautiful peplum tank from Forever 21 is great for a night out with the girls or paired with a pencil skirt for work.
- Graphic Tee: It doesn’t matter what your graphic tee says (or has on it!), but it adds an element of fun to your wardrobe! Here’s one with Justin Bieber, a cute California one, or a Pokemon tee.
- Button-Front Skirt: Choose corduroy, choose denim, choose suede! Whatever your style is, there’s a button-front skirt out there for you.
- Floral Shorts: There’s not much I love more than a good pair of soft, cotton, floral shorts. This pair from ASOS is cute and here are two more choices from Forever 21 [1|2].
- Suede/Leather Shorts: Try something other than denim for your last few weeks of summer. Suede is all the rage, with high-waisted options, lace-up choices, and cutout ones. This pair of leather shorts from Nasty Gal are perfect for a night out.
- Pencil Skirt: Pick out a pencil skirt for going out and for work. Here’s a more casual one, a metallic option, a bright red choice, and a leather one.
- Black Pants: Find a distressed pair for an edgy look or a structured pair for work.
- Bodycon Dress: This lace-up dress is a sexy choice for a night out. Or try this mesh cutout choice.
- High-Waisted Shorts: Make sure to add a distressed pair of high-rise shorts to your wardrobe. They’re the most stylish way to beat the heat.
- Casual Denim Shorts: A classic pair of denim shorts will never go out of style.
- Sundress: A pretty sundress can be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion. Here are three choices I like from H&M [1|2|3].
- Jeans: It should be a no-brainer to have a good pair of jeans in your closet at all times! But if you don’t have a pair, invest in some sooner rather than later!
- Everyday Sandals: Find a pair of sandals you can slip on and go, no matter the occasion. Here are two buckled pairs from American Eagle [1|2] and one pair of slide-on sandals from Target.
- Everyday Sneakers: Sneakers are perfect for running around town completing your to-do list. Now more than ever, sneakers are also a fashionable shoe to pair with your everyday clothing! You can pick the ever-trendy adidas sneaker, a classic pair of Chuck Taylors, or a pretty canvas sneaker from Target.
- Formal Sandals: For a night out on the town, check out this pair of Steve Madden shoes or these suede BP ones from Nordstrom.
- Leather Backpack: A leather backpack is the latest trend when it comes to bags! It’s a fashionable and efficient way to carry your items around town. Check out this one from Forever 21.
- Sunglasses: Clubmaster sunnies are style upgrade you need this summer. Here are two pairs I like from Charming Charlie [1|2].
- Bright Studs: A fun and understated way to brighten up your wardrobe, simple studs are perfect for summer.
- Suede Choker: Chokers work whether you’re lounging around the house or going out for the night. I love this velvet one from Forever 21 and this layered wrap choker.
- Flower Crown: You had to know it would make the wardrobe! Bring out your inner goddess with a fun floral crown, in any arrangement you like.
- Carry-all Tote: This bag is timeless. Even though it will elevate your wardrobe for this season, it’s usefulness won’t stop there. You’ll be using this bag for seasons to come.