With the dry, cold months ahead, skincare is even more important than normal. Here are my 12 favorite picks for keeping my skin acne-free, calm, moisturized, and soothed.
1. Liquid Facial Soap, $17.00, clinique.com
My favorite part of this product is how gentle and mild it is. It’s practically like washing your face with water, but it really does a great job of cleaning up your skin. This is a fantastic product for those with sensitive skin.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, $6.49, target.com
I have been using this product for years. Again, I love it for its simple and gentle cleaning properties. When it comes to face wash–the simpler the better.
3. Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser, $5.99, target.com
I tried this for the first time when I went home to my parent’s house a few weeks ago and my sister had some. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. It really does feel like a very deep and thorough clean. I would recommend anyone to find a charcoal cleanser that works well for their skin type, as using it feels great!
4. Mild Clarifying Lotion, $14.00, clinique.com
I love this product. It’s liquid, so it’s extremely light and doesn’t feel like a lotion at all. It’s a great alternative for those looking to avoid a heavy, greasy moisturizer.
5. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, $4.99, target.com
For those with more acne-prone skin, this Clean & Clear moisturizer works great. It keeps skin hydrated without making it greasy or oily. You can buy the product at Target. Honestly, I use the Target generic brand Up & Up version.
6. Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil, $15.00-$66.00, sephora.com
What’s great about this Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil is how versatile it is. I use it as a makeup remover, but I have also used it as a face wash before. It does leave your skin feeling very soft and moisturized after use. Because it’s an oily product, I would not recommend it for regular use for those with oily skin.
7. Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips, $19.00, clinique.com
As you can see, I am a huge fan of Clinique’s skincare line! This is my favorite make-up remover. Again, as with all Clinique products, I love how light and non-greasy the formula feels.
8. Earth Therapeutics Cooling Foot Scrub, $9.00, ulta.com
For dry, rough feet, this is my go-to product. It smells fantastic and leaves your feet feeling smooth and refreshed.
9. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub, $7.49, ulta.com
For the rest of your body, here is a gentler, yet equally as effective body scrub for the rest of your skin. I have this in the Tropical Mango scent and the scent alone is extremely relaxing.
10. Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Fragrance Free Lotion, $6.99, target.com
Fragrance free and very moisturizing. I use this over my entire body, paying special attention to my hands and feet.
11. Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer, $15.00, ulta.com
This is technically a “Men’s” product, but it is honestly the thickest, creamiest, most moisturizing hand balm I’ve ever used. I love it. The scent is a little strong (in a manly way, I guess), so use caution when applying too much. But really, you’ll love how your hands feel after using this.
12. Dr. Teal’s Soothe & Soften Pure Epsom Salt Body Lotion, $4.87, walmart.com
After a long hard day–or even after a nice round of body scrub–there is no other lotion I prefer over this one. The lavender scent is calming and helps to put me to sleep. The epsom salt is also relaxing and soothing on your skin.